The Legend SE Mk II’ Ultra-Pure Monocrystal™ Silver Interconnect. ‘The Legend’ is our ‘statement interconnect, yet imposes no statement of its own. Its a HIFI News Magazine, Best of the Best, Interconnect of the year!
Monocrystal™ Pure Silver is Ecosse's pioneering commitment to conductor material development ensuring, uniquely, a complete lack of 'grain-boundaries' in the signal transmission direction - impurities which would normally impede the delicate audio or video signals and result in attenuation and distortion.
Here, a unique casting process (extrusion and annealing in an inert gas environment) is employed to produce a 'mono' or single crystal ultra-pure wire with significant advantages over other cables currently available. These other cables use ordinary silver, which, no matter how few grains the manufacturer claims, have a grain barrier of oxygen and hydrogen and in some cases, a high level of metallic impurities.
Monocrystal™ patented silver cables are technically unsurpassed for their quality and their ability to transmit audio and video of the highest quality with minimal distortion and attenuation from grain boundaries - because there are virtually no boundaries!
Utilising Monocrystal™ silver solidcore conductors of 7N purity, probably the best conductor available at room temperature, this interconnect undoubtedly defines the ‘state-of-the-art’ at its price.
- Monocrystal™ Silver Solidcore conductors
- Triple Al foil + close-lapped SP-UHP-OFC™ braid + Teflon screen
- Superlative low-loss Teflon dielectric +
- ‘Airspace matrix’ helical construction
- Vibrakil™ jacket technology
- Virtually zero microphony
- Ecosse Mach3 Ultima silver-plated Monocrystal™ copper RCA and XLR plugs – the finest available
- 11.5mm o/d circular silk braid and LDPVC translucent-black damper and jacket
- A more rigorous cleaning cycle ensures contaminant-free surfaces and our pre-heat treatment offers the perfect surfaces to apply our new solder
- The join is sealed to protect from the elements and prevent degradation
- Plugs are further treated with contact enhancer prior to packing
- Supersolder™ is our new ultra high purity lead-free silver and tin alloy solid wire- used in conjunction with our unique, passive organic flux. Together these ensure a joint with ultra low chemical contaminants and very high strength